2.21.2011

Faded Glory






Once upon a time, in the mid-1970's, there was the original pre-faded jean, Faded Glory. The "it" brand of it's day, one rocked those jeans with a pair of Frye Stitching Horse boots, and a foxy Huck-A-Poo shirt.

I was stoked when I saw the Stella McCartney spring collection, because her easy peasy modernist take on denim seemed so eerily familiar. Those loose, boxy silhouettes worn with sensible sandals may be nothing like their 70's disco ready predecessors, yet they resonate the same pre-washed coolness responsible for teenage popularity way back when.

Images courtesy of style.com.

1 comment:

  1. I love your review of the fashion show. It's too bad that they never show jewelry with their designs. I think jewelry really enhances an outfit.

    I'm also a jeweler. You can find my shop at: http://chelsearainbow.com

    ReplyDelete

 
Featured Fashion Blog