1.12.2009

Royal Treatment


Just spotted on Fashion Week Daily's Chic Report, my deep purple amethyst drops and chunky silver chain with royal purple double faced satin ribbon ties. It's official, purple is still relevant in 2009, after seriously trending for almost a year.

Grace at design*sponge, one of my fave design blogs, noticed the purple mini-trend last March in a wide range of products for Spring/Summer 2008. Purple was still running ultra cool for Fall/Winter 2008, when I debuted a color palette of royal purple, hunter green and cool grey gemstones for my sterling silver jewelry collection.

Cassandra at coco+kelley, whose color IQ rates at the genius level, and whom I recently discovered thanks to the forward thinking editors at Lucky, is also pondering the evolution of purple for 2009. Her prediction? Paler shades of lavender and lilac will replace the gemmy purples and juicy plums of 2008.


I couldn't agree more, as I put the finishing touches on my new collection, which will launch in February. The deep amethyst gems I showed for Fall/Winter 2008 will carry over into Spring 2009, accompanied by a tonal palette of rose quartz, light amethyst, and blue chalcedony.

Cynthia Rybakoff sterling silver and amethyst chain link earrings, $300; sterling silver handmade chain with purple ribbon ties, $1,380, both by request at CynthiaRybakoff.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Featured Fashion Blog